If you live in New York and want to bet on sports using your phone then we suggest giving the William Hill Sportsbook app a try.
William Hill’s iOS and Android apps make betting remotely completely painless and their $5,000 risk-free bet welcome bonus allows you to get your bankroll off to a stellar start.
If you’re unsure of how to bet on sports online in New York, then this William Hill Sportsbook NY review is perfect for you. In it we go over how to register with William Hill Sportsbook and what you need to do to legally bet on sports using the William Hill app, spoiler alert, you will have to go to New Jersey. You also get our exclusive William Hill promo code to receive the welcome bonus offer and a whole lot more.
Let’s get right to it, so you can start betting with William Hill ASAP.
William Hill app welcome bonus for NY
Our unshared William Hill promo code is LEGALRF and when used it entitles you to a risk-free first bet up to a maximum of $5,000. How these welcome bonus works are uncomplicated, here are the specifics.
Simply use the promo code LEGALRF when signing up with William Hill Sportsbook, then the first bet you place within seven days of signup will be refunded if it loses for up to $5,000.
The one item to understand though is you do not receive your money back, you receive a free bet token in the amount of your wager instead. You then get seven days to use the free bet token before it expires.
What we like about this William Hill welcome bonus is that it gives you two chances to win your first bet with the online sportsbook. Get one of those two wagers correct and you should be playing with the equivalent of free money at least for a little while.
William Hill promo code 2021
|Online Sportsbook||William Hill Sportsbook NY|
|Bonus||$5,000 risk-free first bet|
|Last Updated||October 2021|
Promotions and offers at William Hill Sportsbook
William Hill didn’t become one of the top oddsmakers in the world without knowing a thing or two about how to run a good promotion and it shows with the number of offerings you’ll find at the online sportsbook. Here’s a peek at what you can expect.
- Free bet bonuses: William Hill runs plenty of these promos where if you place a pregame spread bet of a certain dollar amount you have a chance to win a free bet. The free bet amount is determined by how the team you bet on performs in the game. But here’s the catch, if your spread bet doesn’t win you don’t get the free bet. So you either win twice or lose twice.
- Parlay bonuses: William Hill Sportsbook also has promotions whereby placing parlays that run across multiple sports you are given a free bet. For example, one offer required you to place a $20 parlay on the NBA and NCAA basketball, and you earned a free $10 bet credit in return.
- Odds boost: You will find plenty of daily odds boosts at William Hill. Just click on the rocket icon labeled “Boosts” to see all the increases being offered. While most sportsbooks limit bets on odds boosts to $25 or $50, William Hill’s are consistently capped at $100.
One of the great things about the bulk of William Hill promotions is that you don’t need to opt-in to them. Usually, the offers require you to bet a specific amount, do that and you’re eligible for the bonus. Always make sure to at least skim the terms of the offer, which can be found on the promotions pages, to make sure you understand exactly how each bonus works.
Is it legal to use William Hill in New York?
While it is legal to use the William Hill Sportsbook app in NY you will not be able to place any bets while you’re in the Empire State. Rather, you must be in a state where William Hill is licensed to operate an online sportsbook, such as New Jersey.
Geolocation software needs to be installed and activated on whatever device you are using to establish that you are in NJ when placing bets, if it is not, you will not be able to place your bets. All sports bettors must be a minimum of 21 years old to bet on sports in New Jersey as well.
William Hill has online sportsbook licenses in six other states (West Virginia, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Nevada), so you can use the WH Sportsbook app in those states too.
Creating a William Hill account in New York
Open up the William Hill app or website and click “Register.” Then follow these steps and you’ll be ready to start betting in a matter of minutes.
- Enter your name, date of birth, email address, and phone number before clicking “Next.”
- Now pick two security questions, supply your answers and create a password.
- Next up is entering the William Hill promo code LEGALRF which gets you a $5,000 risk-free best.
- The last thing to do is check the boxes confirming you are at least 21 and that all the info you have entered is accurate. Click “Submit” and your William Hill Sportsbook account will be up and running.
Once again, you can do all of this while in New York, you even can deposit and withdraw money from NY, but for the time being you must be in New Jersey to place bets.
Using William Hill app in New York
The William Hill sports betting app is the easiest way to bet and manage your account. It’s available for both Android and iOS devices, before we go over the app itself, here are instructions for how to get it on your iPhones, iPads, and Android products.
William Hill Sportsbook app overview
One of the aspects of William Hill that we very much enjoy is how neat and clean the app is. Across the top are links that will take you to specific sports, across the bottom are links for opening your betting slip, the promos page, and for accessing your account.
The bulk of the screen though is filled with games and lines. It might seem like a small detail, but the app uses whites, blacks, blues, and golds, as well as team logos to help make everything extremely easy to read and find.
How to download the iOS app
Just use your Apple link to download and install the William Hill Sportsbook app onto your Apple phone or tablet. You might have to grant permission for the app to be downloaded.
How to download the Android app
Here is our Android-specific William Hill app link. Just like with the iOS version you might be required to authorize the app to be downloaded onto your Android.
How to bet on the William Hill app
To make a wager simply click on the wager you want and it’s added to your betslip. Now you can enter how much money you want to bet and then choose “Place Bet.”
Repeat the same process if you want to create parlays or round robins. The William Hill betslip always shows you exactly how much money you’re betting, what the odds are, and how much money you stand to win. What more could you want?
Rest of the William Hill Sportsbook app
William Hill is one of the faster mobile sports betting apps we’ve had the pleasure of using. There is hardly any lag time when moving around the app and placing bets is super is.
The one issue we have experienced a couple of times is that when clicking on the promotions page sometimes it does not load on the app. We’ve never had it happen on the William Hill website. But hopefully, this is just a small glitch that will be fixed in an upcoming update.
Overall though, the William Hill Sportsbook app is a very quality offering and one that makes betting on sports using your phone and/or tablet a cinch.
Where does William Hill Sportsbook excel?
For one thing, we like the uniqueness of the promotions that William Hill has to offer. Many of their bonus offers require you to get your original bet correct to claim the promotional offer. As a reward, William Hill promos tend to offer bigger rewards than many other sportsbooks.
Another area that William Hill Sportsbook excels in is its customer service department. Online sportsbooks have a lot of moving pieces, from having to handle deposits and withdrawals to make sure odds are constantly updating and paying out correctly. For those reasons and many more having a top-flight help desk is a big deal, especially one that is available seven days a week. And William Hill Sportsbook has exactly that.
Where is William Hill Sportsbook lacking?
While on one hand, we like that the promotions at William Hill are unique, we also admit they’re not for everyone. Not only do you need to get your bet right a lot of the time to claim the promo offer, but the threshold for being eligible for many promotions is between $50-$100. For some, that’s not a problem, while for smaller bettors it almost ensures they won’t be able to participate.
It also is disappointing that William Hill Sportsbook does not have a loyalty program at this point. Other top sportsbooks like PointsBet and DraftKings have systems in place that reward loyal users for continuing to bet with them and we really would like to see William Hill implement something similar as soon as possible.
What sports can you bet on with the William Hill app?
You can bet on all the top college and pro sports leagues and even a whole slew of smaller ones using the William Hill sports betting app.
William Hill has markets for Major League Baseball, the NFL, NBA, NHL, UFC, MLS, WNBA, NASCAR, tennis, golf, and both college football and college basketball.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg because William Hill also has markets for sports leagues outside the US. You can bet on the Champions or English Premier leagues in soccer, EuroLeague basketball, or the KHL hockey league, just to name a few.
If there’s a particular sport or league that you’re interested in betting on just open the William Hill app and you can see every sports betting market they offer.
What betting markets does William Hill mobile sportsbook app offer?
Not only is it important that an online sportsbook has plenty of sports to bet on it’s just as crucial that they offer all kinds of bet types, which William Hill does. Let’s take a look at all those bet types.
- Parlays are one of the most trendy bets because of the amount of money you can make off of relatively small bets. That’s because parlays are multiple bets combined into one wager and to win all the individual bets have to be winners.
- Moneyline bets are super easy to understand because you merely have to pick which team is going to win, nothing else.
- For spread bets however you need to correctly predict how many points a team will win by.
- Totals or over/unders simply are bets where you are attempting to predict the combined points that will be scored in a game.
- Prop betting is another very fashionable bet type right now and you’ll see a multitude of prop bets on the William Hill Sportsbook app. Props are wagers that do not have to do with the final score of a game but instead focus on the player’s statistical performances.
- Round robins and teasers are bets that involve multiple selections. Round robins are for three picks or more and they are paired together in a way that allows you to not have to get all your bets correct.
- Teasers though are just for two or more spread bets and you move the line for all the games by the same amount.
- Futures bets merely are wagers on teams to win championships or division titles for example. They also can be for players to win awards such as rookie of the year or MVP.
Live betting on William Hill online sportsbook app
You can wager on games currently being played using the WH app. You no longer need to rush to get your bets in before games start.
There’s a tab labeled “In Play” that shows you all the games going that you can bet on at William Hill Sportsbook. Clicking on individual games will bring up all the available bets and show you an animation of the current situation of the game.
How to deposit and withdraw money from William Hill New York
Here’s a look at all your options for depositing and cashing out money from William Hill Sportsbook.
How to deposit at William Hill
- Credit card
- Online bank transfer
- ACH (eCheck)
- William Hill Play+ card
- Casino cage
How to cash out at William Hill
- Online bank transfer
- ACH (eCheck)
- William Hill Play+ card
- Casino cage
For the casino cage option, you can head to any of William Hill’s retail sportsbook locations in New Jersey. Here’s a look at those locations.
- Caesars’s Palace Atlantic City, 2100 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City, NJ 08401
- Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City, 777 Harrah’s Blvd., Atlantic City, NJ 08401
- Monmouth Park Sports Book by William Hill, 175 Oceanport Ave., Oceanport, NJ 07757
- Ocean Casino Resort, 500 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, 08401
- Tropicana Atlantic City, 2831 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
What’s the customer service like at William Hill Sportsbook?
There are four ways in which you can get a whole of a William Hill customer service representative seven days a week, they are:
- Calling 855-754-1200
- Texting 719-417-5179
- Emailing [email protected]
- Live chatting via the William Hill app or website
You also can click on “Support” and then “Help” and be taken to the William Hill help page to try and find an answer to your problem.
History of William Hill
William Hill was founded in 1934 in the UK, but it wasn’t until 2012 that William Hill made its way over to the US and opened its first sportsbook in Nevada.
William Hill has since started opening online and retails sportsbooks throughout the country and currently has operations in 14 states.
In 2020, Caesars Entertainment began the process of buying William Hill for $3.7 billion. The purchase is expected to be finalized in March 2021.