PointsBet Sportsbook is one of the best apps for New Yorkers looking to bet on sports using their phones or tablets. The PointsBet sports betting app is available for iOS and Android and is arguably the fastest sportsbook app on the market today.
In this PointsBet NY review we go over exactly what you must do to place sports bets legally using PointsBet — sneak peek, it does involve going to New Jersey. You also will discover the PointsBet promo code that entitles you to $1,500 worth of risk free bets right out of the gate.
By the time you’re finished you’ll know all about PointsBet’s myriad promotions, how to deposit and cash out at the online sportsbook, and of course we go over PointsBetting, which is a unique way to bet that rewards/punishes you for how right/wrong your sports bets are.
PointsBet app welcome bonus for NY
When you use our exclusive PointsBet promo code 1500NOW, which you enter while registering with PointsBet NJ, you will receive up to $1,500 in risk free bets. Here’s how it breaks down:
- Get up to $500 back if you lose your first fixed odds bet
- Get up to $1,000 back if you lose your first PointsBetting wager
To claim this offer just make sure to use the promo code 1500NOW when you sign up with PointsBet Sportsbook. Then make your first fixed odds and PointsBetting wagers. If either or both lose, PointsBet will refund you with a free bet in that amount and you get 30 days to use the credit.
You can either spend the credit all at once, or you can go into your account, select ‘Free Bets’ and choose to split up the credits into various amounts. Whatever you choose, just make sure you use them before they expire.
PointsBet promo code 2021
|Online Sportsbook||PointsBet Sportsbook NY|
|Bonus||Up to $1,500 for two risk free bets|
|Last Updated||October 2021|
Promotions and offers at PointsBet Sportsbook
PointsBet’s welcome bonus is one of the best there is and the promotions keep on coming from there. Here is a quick roundup of just a few of the promos PointsBet Sportsbook has to offer:
- It should come as no surprise that PointsBet offers daily booster odds on a variety of sports. On average you’ll see between three to five booster odds each day.
- PointsBet Sportsbook also has different insurance promotions where you can receive free bets if just one leg of parlays of four legs or more fails. These promos are often capped at $25 back.
- Another great bonus is that each day you can boost one parlay and one single-game parlay of three legs or more at PointsBet. To make this promotion even better, there are no maximum or minimum stakes required.
- PointsBet also has a loyalty program where bettors receive rewards points for every dollar they wager at the online sportsbook. Rewards points can be used to get bonus bets.
If that feels like a lot of promotions, it is, but if you check out the PointsBet promotions page you’ll see there are even more than that, with new offers popping up all the time.
Is it legal to use PointsBet in New York?
Yes and no. It is completely legal to have PointsBet on your tablet or phone and to create an account with PointsBet while you’re in New York. What you cannot do is place any bets with PointsBet while in the Empire State.
To place bets you need to head into New Jersey and, once there, you can make all the bets you want using the PointsBet mobile app. You need to be 21 years or older to bet on sports in New Jersey and because of the location requirement you also need to activate geolocation services on your mobile device in order to place your bets.
If you were wondering, withdrawing and depositing money can be done legally from New York using the PointsBet app. The only time you must be in NJ is when placing wagers.
Creating a PointsBet account in New York
You can create a PointsBet account from NY using the iOS or Android app or the PointsBet Sportsbook webpage. After clicking ‘Log in’ just follow the steps listed below to create your sports betting account:
- Select New Jersey as the region from the drop-down menu. Then enter 1500NOW in the promo code field before entering your name and email address. Then, select ‘Continue’.
- Now check the appropriate salutation and enter your birthdate, the last four digits of your SSN and your home address.
- Create a password and enter it twice.
- All that remains is checking the first four boxes, while the fifth allows PointsBet to text message you; you can decide whether or not to check that box. Select ‘Join PointsBet’ and you are done.
Remember, this can all be done legally from NY, you just need to be in NJ when placing bets.
Using PointsBet app in New York
The PointsBet Sportsbook app is great for iPads, iPhones, and Android phones and tablets alike. Here’s how to get it on any and all mobile devices you own.
PointsBet Sportsbook app overview
PointsBet prides itself on being one of the fastest mobile betting apps on the market and after cruising around on the app for a couple minutes we’re guessing you’ll agree. The app is extremely responsive and takes very little time to get the hang of, especially if you’ve used sportsbook apps previously.
How to download the PointsBet iOS app
Use our Apple link to download the PointsBet app for your gadgets that run on iOS. You might need to authorize the installation using your PIN or facial or fingerprint recognition.
How to download the PointsBet Android app
Use our Android-specific link to get the PointsBet Sportsbook app for your Android phones and tablets. You also might need to grant permission to have the app downloaded and then installed on your device.
Placing bets at PointsBet Sportsbook
To make a bet using the app, merely tap the bet you want to make and it is added to your betslip. You then enter your wager amount and tap ‘Place bet’ and that’s all there is to it.
To make multi-selection bets like teasers, round robins, and parlays, merely select all the bets you want and tap ‘Add to betslip’. After that, you can make a parlay or choose ‘Combo parlays’ and just like before, enter your wager amount and then tap ‘Place bet’.
Rest of PointsBet app
Using the navigation bar along the bottom of the screen is one of the easiest ways to move around the PointsBet app. There are links to open the menu, access all the sports PointsBet has to bet on, go to on-going games, create a quick parlay, and check on all your bets.
Clicking on the drop-down menu on the top right of the app lets you see your account info and has links to make deposits and withdrawals, check on your free bet status, shows you how many parlay boosters you have, and also includes a button for logging out of PointsBet entirely.
Where does PointsBet Sportsbook excel?
There are three areas where PointBet Sportsbook really stands out from the crowd and that’s its unique betting options, its excellent promotions and the overall speed and functionality of the app.
PointsBet offers arguably more betting markets than any other online sportsbook. You can place all the regular bets as well as single-game parlays, and PointsBet is the only sportsbook with PointsBetting (we go over exactly how it works a few sections below).
The promotions offered at PointsBet online sportsbook are also among the best at any mobile sportsbook. Not only are there a ton of bonus offers, but most of them are extremely good offers.
Lastly, the PointsBet mobile app for Apple and Android just excels in every way. It’s fast, it’s easy to use, and placing bets on it is a breeze.
Where is PointsBet Sportsbook lacking?
If there were two complaints we have about PointsBet they would be that the odds offered could be slightly better and it would be nice if PointsBet had a few more ways to get ahold of customer service if you have any problems.
The odds at PointsBet Sportsbook are not bad by any means, but when comparing them to other top sportsbooks like BetMGM, FanDuel, and DraftKings, PointsBet does tend to be at the bottom end. It’s usually only by a tiny bit, but that does add up over time.
PointBet’s customer service team can also only be reached by email ([email protected]) or via live chat on the app and website. Again, these aren’t terrible options, we just would like to see a couple more, such as call and text.
What sports can you bet on with the PointsBet app?
Using the PointsBet sportsbook app you can bet on the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, UFC, WNBA, golf, tennis, MLS, NASCAR and both college football and basketball.
PointsBet also has markets for soccer leagues around the world including for the Champions League, English Premier League and La Liga.
If there is something else you were hoping to bet on, just check out the PointsBet app for a full listing of the different sports you can wager on, because there is a whole lot more that PointsBet has to offer.
What betting markets does PointsBet mobile sportsbook app offer?
You can bet pretty much any type of sports bet you can imagine on the PointsBet Sportsbook app. Let’s go over all of your choices:
- PointsBetting is the what makes PointsBet so distinctive. PointsBetting allows you to make or lose money based on the accuracy of your bet. If you bet $100 on the over, for example, and the game goes over by 20 points, your $100 bet will be multiplied by 20 and thus you would win $2,000. However if the game went under by 20 points you would lose $2,000.
As you can probably tell, PointsBetting is not something you should do if you’re not a fan of potential big losses.
- PointsBet of course also offers spread, moneyline, and over/unders If you’re unfamiliar, spread bets are wagers for how much a team will win by, moneylines are wagers for which team will win, and over/unders bets are for how many points both teams will score in a game.
- You also will find tons of prop betting options on the PointsBet app. Props are bets on whether specific things will happen during a game, like a player scoring a touchdown or hitting a home run. Props could also be on whether a game will go to overtime, or for how many rebounds a player will finish with in a game.
- Parlays are bets that require making two picks, and to win a parlay, you cannot get anything wrong.
- You can also create teasers and round robins on the PointsBet sports betting app. Teasers are spread bets involving at least two bets and you move the line to help increase your chances of winning. While round robins involve at least three selections, but for these wagers you can get one bet wrong.
- PointsBet also has futures markets available for the majority of sports, so you’ll be able to bet on future championship winners on the PointsBet app.
Live betting on PointsBet online sportsbook app
PointsBet Sportsbook has an entire section of its app and website dedicated to live, in play betting. That means you still can bet on games that are already being played.
By clicking on ‘In-play’ under the main menu, you can see all the games that PointsBet Sportsbook is currently taking bets on. By clicking on individual matches you’ll be able to see the current situation in a game and all the betting markets available for it.
How to deposit and withdraw money from PointsBet New York
There are a number of ways you can fund and withdraw money from your PointsBet Sportsbook account, including by visiting the casino cage at Meadowlands Racetrack which is located at 1 Racetrack Dr., East Rutherford, NJ 07073. Here is a look at your other options:
How to deposit at PointsBet
- Online bank transfer
- Debit or credit card
- ACH (eCheck)
- PointsBet MasterCard
How to cash out at PointsBet
- ACH (eCheck)
Obviously PointsBet Sportsbook doesn’t offer as many methods for cashing out your winnings, so make sure you’re comfortable using PayPal or an eCheck if you choose to take your sports betting business to PointsBet.
What’s the customer service like at PointsBet Sportsbook?
Honestly it’s a little lacking. Your only options for reaching out to PointsBet’s help desk is by sending an email to [email protected] or by having a live chat with a member of the customer service department, which you can do through the PointsBet app or website.
PointsBet also has a help page that you can attempt to find a solution to your problem for, either by using the search bar or via browsing by category.
History of PointsBet
PointsBet is actually a relatively new company, as it was founded and launched in Australia in 2017.
In January 2019, PointsBet Sportsbook debuted in the US with PointsBet Sportsbook New Jersey. Since then, PointsBet has expanded to Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, and Colorado. The company is aiming to be operational in at least 12 states in the near future.
In 2020, PointsBet opened up a US headquarters in Denver, Colorado that is home to a 17,000-square foot office space.