The FanDuel Sportsbook app offers New York residents a great alternative for betting on sports instead of having to go to retail sportsbooks in NY.
You can legally download and use FanDuel’s sports betting app while still in New York, but since mobile sports betting is illegal in the Empire State you do need to go to New Jersey when you want to place your sports bets.
Our FanDuel Sportsbook New York review breaks down everything you need to know about having an online sportsbook account in New York. We tell you how to get signed up with FanDuel, go over their welcome offer which is worth up to $1,000 and go into detail about all the promos and bonuses FD Sportsbook offers their users.
FanDuel app welcome bonus for New York
When you follow our links to create your FanDuel Sportsbook account and make a deposit, your first bet will be risk free for up to $1,000. What makes FanDuel’s offer so great is how you are refunded if your first bet loses.
Most sportsbooks that have a risk free bet welcome offer, refund you with one free bet in the amount of your wager. Meaning, if you bet $1,000 and lose, you receive a $1,000 free bet, so you have one chance to cash it in. However, FanDuel online sportsbook refunds you in-site credit.
That means if you make a $1,000 initial bet and it loses you’ll receive $1,000 in site credit that you can use however you want. You could make 10 $100 bets or 100 $10, or whatever you want. The only major stipulation is that you only get 14 days to bet the site credit before it will disappear from your account.
And in case you were wondering, if your first bet with FanDuel is a winner, you don’t receive any type of promotional bonus.
FanDuel promo code 2022
|Online Sportsbooks||FanDuel New York|
|Promo Code||Click to claim promo|
|Bonus Offer||Risk free first bet up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||October 2022|
Promotions at FanDuel sportsbook
FanDuel’s welcome bonus is great and bonus offers just keep coming after that. Here is a roundup of a lot of the FanDuel promotions available at the New Jersey online sportsbook:
- Parlay insurance: FanDuel offers parlay insurance for just about every type of parlay you can imagine. There’s multi-sport, soccer, college basketball, NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB, and same-game parlay insurance.
The offers vary a little, but they basically are almost always this: Place a parlay of either 3+ or 5+ legs and if you just miss one you get your money back (in site credit) for up to $25.
And be on the lookout, because at times FD Sportsbook has refunded all losing parlays for specific sports no matter how many legs you miss.
- Odds boosts: FanDuel wouldn’t be the leader in sportsbook promotions if they didn’t offer daily odds boosts. On the FanDuel app you’ll find that most daily odds boosts have a max bet of $50 and cannot be used for the purposes of creating parlays.
- Spread the Love: What FanDuel Sportsbook calls their ‘Spread the Love’ promotion we like to refer to as ‘Show me the Money.’ For select games during the year FD moves the line by one point for every 500 or 1,000 bettors who place a moneyline bet on the team in question. What that means is, by game time, the line is usually around +100 or a guaranteed win.
You can only bet $50 on this contest, but at -110 odds that still nets you over $45, which will have you yelling, ‘Show me the money!’
FanDuel NJ is constantly rolling out new promotions, so be sure to always check the FanDuel Promotions Page to make sure you’ve opted in for all the on-going offers, because if you don’t opt-in you won’t be eligible.
Is it legal to use FanDuel in New York?
Yes, it is legal to download and use the FanDuel Sportsbook app in New York. There is a major caveat though — while you can deposit and withdraw money from and manage your FD account in New York, you must be in New Jersey whenever you want to place a sports bet.
This means that you need to have geolocation services turned on when placing bets from your phone, tablet, or desktop computer. If the system cannot confirm you are in the Garden State you will not be able to make any sports wagers.
How to create a FanDuel account in New York
You can create your FanDuel account by using the FanDuel website or the FanDuel Sportsbook iOS or Android app. Just do this after opening the app or website:
- Select ‘Join now’ and then enter your email address and create a username and a password. Then click ‘Create account.’
- Then you need to fill out the complete application form, that includes entering your name, address, date of birth, phone number and the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
Again, you can do all of this anywhere that you have an internet connection, but when it comes time to place bets you must be in New Jersey.
FanDuel Sportsbook app
Even if you’ve never used a sportsbook app in the past, learning how to place bets will take little to no time thanks to how user-friendly FanDuel is. You can find the games you want to bet on either by scrolling down or by selecting the sport you’re looking for along the top of the screen.
To place bets just click on the bet you want to make and it will be added to your betting slip. If you’re looking to create a parlay, teaser, or round robin you can keep adding more bets.
When you have what you want in your betslip open it up and you either can enter how much you want to bet or how much you want to win. After doing that, double check to make sure everything is right, and then select ‘Place bet.’ That’s all there is to it.
How to download the FanDuel iOS app
Use our FanDuel iOS link to get the correct FD app on your iPhone or iPad. And remember, by using our exclusive link your first wager with FanDuel is risk free for up to $1,000 back in site credit if it loses.
How to download the FanDuel Android app
And here is our link for Android users, who also receive the $1,000 risk free first bet offer when they use our link.
Using FanDuel app in New York
While you can use the FanDuel website to place bets, we’re assuming if you live in New York you’ll almost always be using your phone or tablet to do so. So let’s go over how to get the FanDuel app on your Apple and Android devices.
FanDuel promotions page
You can get to the FanDuel Sportsbook promotions page by clicking ‘Promotions’ at the top or bottom of the screen. Once there you can view all the on-going offers at the online sportsbook.
We recommend opting into all the promos; it doesn’t cost anything and ensures you’re eligible for everything FanDuel has to offer. Each promo has a brief description of how it works, but you also can click the ‘Learn more’ button to read all the fine print for the offers.
Overall, FanDuel offers New Yorkers a great way to bet on sports remotely. And if online sports betting is ever legalized in New York you can bet FanDuel will be one of the first operators up and running and you’ll already have your account created and ready to go.
What makes FanDuel sportsbook great?
FanDuel Sportsbook really knocks it out of the park when it comes to the amount of and the quality of the promotions they offer.
While we like most of the FD promos, what we really love is that you almost always are refunded in site credit as opposed to free bets. This allows users to divvy up their refunds however they want, instead of having to use them all at once. And if you want to use the refund all at once you still can do that too.
We also are super impressed with how many single-game parlays FanDuel online sportsbook offers. You can make SGPs for NFL, NBA, MLB, and international soccer league games and we’re hopeful that the NHL won’t be too far behind.
And on top of all that, FanDuel also has some of the best odds around. Needless to say, it’s easy to see why they’re one of the top sportsbooks in the US.
Where is FanDuel Sportsbook lacking?
With everything FanDuel does so well, it’s more than a little disappointing that they still do not have a rewards program or loyalty program. There really is no reason that FanDuel Sportsbook users shouldn’t get rewarded in some way, shape, or form for giving FanDuel their business.
Also, if FD no longer required users to have to opt in to all their promotions that would be awesome. While it only takes a few seconds to do, it still feels like a needless step and one that can only lead to problems if you forget to opt in before placing a bet.
Other than those few areas there’s not much else that FanDuel could do to improve at this point.
Available sports at FanDuel
Using the FanDuel Sportsbook app you can bet on the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, PGA Tour, UFC, WNBA, MLS and of course both college basketball and college football. But there’s a whole lot more.
FanDuel also has markets for soccer leagues such as the Champions League, English Premier League and the FIFA World Cup. You also can bet on other international sports leagues like the KHL (hockey) and Euroleague (basketball) too.
If all that’s still not enough, be sure to check FD for a complete list that includes rugby and table tennis, just to name a couple.
FanDuel sports betting options
If you’re unfamiliar with all the types of sports bet you can make at FanDuel, you’re in luck because we’ve compiled a list for you.
- Parlays: These are bets of two or more selections and can be across different sports. To win a parlay all your picks need to happen.
- Single-game parlays: At FanDuel you can create parlays for individual games. This means you can bet on spreads, totals, moneylines, and parlays all for one game.
- Moneyline: Here are bets where if you correctly pick the team who will win you win too.
- Spreads: Betting against the spread means you are wagering on the amount a team will win a game by.
- Totals: Also called over/unders, these are bets where FanDuel supplies you with a number and you bet as to whether the total points by both teams in a game will be lower or higher than that given number.
- Props: These are bets that do not have to do with the overall outcome of a game, instead they most often have to do with how players will perform statistically during a game.
- Teasers and round robins: Both of these bets are similar to parlays. For round robins you are combing three picks or more into one and the FD app sorts them so you can miss a pick and still win some money. For teasers, you are picking football or basketball games against the spread and moving the line in order to make the bet easier.
- Futures: Here are bets for events like who win the championship or maybe just the conference or division title at the end of the season. Players futures also exist and they are often for who wins MVP awards at the end of the year.
Live betting on FanDuel online sportsbook app
In game or live betting refers to any bets you make after games are already underway.
Using the FanDuel Sportsbook app you can partake in live betting for most sports offered at FanDuel. You’ll see regular bets like spreads and moneylines for live betting, but also for wagers on the outcome of the next individual play.
Just make sure you have a quality internet connection because the odds can jump by huge amounts when there’s a game-changing play or injury during a game.
How to deposit and withdraw money from FanDuel New York
The FanDuel Sportsbook app has plenty of options for depositing and cashing out. Here’s a rundown of all of them.
Depositing at FanDuel
- Online bank transfer
- Credit or debit card
- Wire transfer
- FanDuel Play+ card
- FanDuel gift card
- In person at PayNearMe locations
Cashing out at FanDuel
- Online bank transfer
- Check sent by mail
You also have the option of heading to the FanDuel Sportsbook at Meadowlands Racetrack (1 Racetrack Dr., East Rutherford, NJ 07073) in order to deposit and withdraw funds.
FanDuel sportsbook customer service
If you have any problems using the FanDuel Sportsbook app you can click on the ‘Contact support’ button under you account.
Then you either can search for an answer to your problem on your own, use the live chat window in the lower right corner, or submit a ticket and wait for someone at FanDuel to reach out with an answer.
History of FanDuel
FanDuel originated back in 2009 and was originally just a daily fantasy sports site.
During the ensuring years both FanDuel and DraftKings emerged as the top two DFS powers in the US. When sports betting began being legalized in states outside of just Nevada FanDuel expanded to become a sportsbook as well.
Currently, FanDuel and DraftKings are once again two of the biggest players in the online sportsbook arena as well, just like they were during the DFS battles back in the 2010s.
There is no reason to believe FanDuel won’t continue to expand to more and more states as sports betting continues to grow in the US.